SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've got the dreaded wonky abs module issues popping up now. Its intermittent and a bit unpredictable. I'll start the car with about a 50% chance i get a warning. sometimes it will go away while I'm driving and my speedo will kick back on, sometimes not.

Before I go about sending it off for repair, are there any connections I should check for corrosion/poor contact that could be causing this? (It seems odd that it will cut in and out while I am driving)

Also wheel speed sensor? what are the chances this is the issue? I've seen it mentioned on a few threads.

only code is code P1625

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine wasnt exactly consistent either when it was going bad. Id just send it off and KNOW thats not an issue anymore before you go chasing wiring problems that dont exist. You can still drive the car without it in, brake balancing is just off. And no TCS. Full boost thoguh, which I thought was a bit of an oversight on saabs part.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yep, check the main wiring harness near the windshield to the left of the "open hood detector" switch. Over the years, crap gets built up in there. I sprayed mine down with MAF cleaner and removed some salt corrosion that showed up in there.
ABS issues went away after I did so. Was lucky in my case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts