SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "ABS" and "Brake" lights are both on steady. I couldn't find any codes using the Tech2. Is this an indication the module is "bad" or could there be other causes for the lights being on? I have an 04 GMC Safari and it had the exact same symptoms (GM, similar vintage). Sent the module out for repair and fixed the problem very nicely ($75)
However, this particular Saab ABS module can't be repaired (at least by the same company that did my Safari). Used modules are plentiful at a decent price.
Didn't want to "pull the trigger" until I eliminated any other possibilities or obvious causes for the lights, maybe unique to this generation/model Saab?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,031 Posts
Did you add CIM already? You might have selected a wrong option when doing so.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already added the CIM. The "lights" were on since I've been working on the car, that is to say, prior to adding the new CIM. Is there something I could check with the Tech2? Couldn't find any DTC's for the ABS. Are you saying it may not be programmed for the ABS and Tech2 may be able to rectify the problem? Just now getting to the ABS. Assumed (yeah, I know) a module repair would do the trick.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After digging around the "forum" a bit, seems as though the Tech2 can access all sorts of ABS info (who'd a thunk it). The Tech2 is pretty impressive, considering it was a product of 90's tech, and continues to "wow" me. I'll look into that a little further. As I mentioned, no DTC's in relation to ABS. I'm guessing a faulty speed sensor at one or more of the wheels would show up? And then there's wiring, connectors, etc. Kinda ran off "half cocked" due to previious experience with a GM product of similar vintage and "ABS" and "Brake" lights on steady. FWIW, my money is still on a faulty ABS module. Time will tell......

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is Tech2 programming required when changing/swapping ABS modules? If the replacement was an exact, numbers matching unit, would it be "plug and play"?

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
You need TECH2, because even P/N is same, configuration may vary.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks. Waiting for my original module to be returned from the repair shop (which they couldn't repair because it's a TRW). In the meantime, guess I'll check my sensors and associated wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts