SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The abs module in my 04 Arc went out and I’m looking for a recommendation on where to send it. It is the 701 part number which most places don’t list or have told me it can’t be fixed. Cheapabs isn't taking orders or I would send it there. Since they include it I know it should be fixable.
Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Certain numbers and modules are not repairable. Just went thru this issue with my 02Aero. Buy one from Goldwing Saab and have it married to the car.
Solved my issues.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I get one with a different part number I can get a local Saab shop to marry it w/tech2? I may have to see what is at the pull and pay. Sorry if the issue has been covered a lot, I was finding mixed answers.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I fee BBA Reman is the best at his work. Have had them to several for me and they worked forever. I woiuld START with them. Junkyard is fine if you have the exact part # there are a lot of variations that are not compatible.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the correct one on and my speedometer is working again and the CEL is off but the ABS, triangle, and brake are still on. Is there a number of drive cycles it has to go through before they reset?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I got the correct one on and my speedometer is working again and the CEL is off but the ABS, triangle, and brake are still on. Is there a number of drive cycles it has to go through before they reset?
No, ABS usually resets within about 15 feet of driving, as soon as it gets some pulses. You should probably find someone with a Tech II to read the issue and see if it's the module or a wheel sensor.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Also worth checking out Xemodex ( https://xemodex.com/us/ ). They successfully repaired an ABS unit (2002 Aero) that BBA had returned to me marked "Non-repairable."
I would not be up to send my ABS Computer to Canada!! Not interested in the customs hassles. Glad you have someone you like up there.

BBS Reman has aslways been able to fix the ABS computers I have sent in.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hah! I live smack dab in the middle of Missouri and the time it took Xemodex to repair my ABS module was actually less than the time it took BBA to take it, mark it "non-repairable," and send it back. Not all people have had good experiences with BBA, though BBA have certainly built a large business. I'm simply trying to give the OP additional options to consider.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hah! I live smack dab in the middle of Missouri and the time it took Xemodex to repair my ABS module was actually less than the time it took BBA to take it, mark it "non-repairable," and send it back. Not all people have had good experiences with BBA, though BBA have certainly built a large business. I'm simply trying to give the OP additional options to consider.
WOW! Good for you. Impressive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The unit still needs to be married to the car, unless its the original unit that has been repaired.
Just went thru this with my 02 AERO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts