SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-
After troubleshooting my soft brake pedal on my 08 9-3 Aero, I’m leaning toward replacing the ABS/ESP module and started looking for a used replacement.
Trying to get the correct one has raised a couple of questions and looking for some help.

On the control module, I have 15114109F printed. My thought was to find one with the same number (as the Aero and 2.0 have different controller part numbers), which I found two. The concern was these didn’t come from a Aero, but a 2.0t.

Is it known what the differences are between the control modules between the two models?
When picking up a used module, is it best to find one that came from the same model and don’t worry about the numbers listed?
The Hydraulic Units, they are all the same 2006-2010 across both models with ESP? I think so, but wanted to ask.

Using the Saab Part numbers when searching on Ebay have not been helpful.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, i have confirmed that i have a leaky valve with-in the ABS valve assy. After reading thru the WIS I came across the ABS valve leak test, ran it, and it failed. Real easy and quick to do. I should have done this prior to replacing the master cylinder.

The first picture shows the two 6mm X 60mm cap-head screws placed in the port with a O ring on the shoulder for reference.
The second picture is while I'm pressing on the brake pedal. The first screws is getting raised as the pedal get pushed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts