SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Aero Sedan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after working through a bit of a maze, after getting my ABS Module rebuilt, it appears that it's faulty as I'm getting Solenoid Valve Faults and according to Matt @ CheapABS, 2003 and 2004 9-5 modules tend to have that issue after communication is restored.

So, just wondering what kind of interchangeability there is with ABS Modules. Could I pull one out of a newer (05+) car?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I believe they're really picky. The pump unit and the ABS ECU each have Bosch part numbers and these need to be the same. My 2004 pump has ESP engraved on the top, so there's another variation. Whether you can marry an alien unit to the car with Tech 2 - I'm afraid I don't know.

·
Registered
655 Posts
is there a reason he calls it cheap abs........Maybe your should got to BBA Reman or autoecu.com I have had good luck with these companies.

Sold one of my 9-5s to a friend and he had an ABS problem......brought it to a local guy and he could not fix it and said it was not fixable. Autoecu.com fixed it. Just my experience that there are ECU repair guys and there are good ones.

BBA fixed a 2004 no problem and they have the bench tiest equipment to set it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts