SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, got abs moduel back today from bba Raman . Put it in and I still have same problems. Lights on in dash, no abs brakes. Speedometer is working but is was always working even with lights on. Have appointment Friday at indie with tech 2 to program extra key. I will get them to check and see what codes come up on tech 2.check engine light is not on and has neve came on with this issue.gonna wait and see what tech 2 tells me befor I call bba Raman to complain. Anyone have any ideas for me on why lights are still on after abs moduel repair. By the way I did get my original moduel back. I had put a mark on it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Good plan to have a tech 2 event. Some auto parts stores will read code for you without charge. You may have a bad wheel sensor. What told you to send it in for repair?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Did you try to clear the codes/lights? Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if the ECU resets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the ecu fuse and did not clear problem. I had battery out befor I put in moduel. Gonna take battery out again and see what's happens. Hopefully when I get tech 2 done on car I will know for sure. I wonder if I have a bad speed sensor ?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Did you disconnect the sensor when you remove the module?
I pulled the ecu fuse and did not clear problem. I had battery out befor I put in moduel. Gonna take battery out again and see what's happens. Hopefully when I get tech 2 done on car I will know for sure. I wonder if I have a bad speed sensor ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did not remove any sensors,just took out moduel for repair.can' t understand why lights are still on.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Definitely don't want to insult your skills, but my Dad just did this. Did you connect ALL the connectors.
There are two connectors one huge obvious one on top and a one small connector on the bottom.
My Dad forgot to connect the small one. Speedo came back and worked, but all lights still on. Reconnected it and all was perfect!

Take a look!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Double check the electrical connection; make sure it's fully seated. Did you check ABS fuse #2 under the hood?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
changed 60 amp abs fuse under hood. took out module and reinstalled ,made sure all connections were secure.put battery on and started car. lights still on.car is going in friday for a tech 2.:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
changed 60 amp abs fuse under hood. took out module and reinstalled ,made sure all connections were secure.put battery on and started car. lights still on.car is going in friday for a tech 2.:confused:
Did you find out what the issue was? I have same problem after BBA fix.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was told by tech2 that my abs pump is bad.have to change the whole thing.a new one is very expensive but you can get a used one that have same specs as you car.have not change mines yet.you car might have same problem. check it out and let me know the results.hope this help. by the way does your speedo work.mines does. it always worked even when lights first came.if i had payed more attention i could have save some money by not sending it to bba.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ABS issues

Hey guys, I have a complete working unit for sale cheap if you're done pullin' hairs out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Send it back!

Had a similar problem recently in my 9-5. Sent the module off and it came back still with lights on and no speedo. Tech2 showed a bad communication with a rear speed sensor. My local Saab shop were kind enough to plug in a new sensor but the fault remained. They said it was most likely wiring. I doubted that the wiring was bad so I sent the unit back under warrantee for another rebuild. All is working now! Don't be afraid to send it back again. ;ol;

1 - 17 of 17 Posts