SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 900 SE Turbo (original owner): My ABS light comes on most of the time. Generally, it comes on shortly after the engine check, but sometimes it will drive for miles without coming on. Background: During a servicing by a local foreign car mechanic, he washed the engine compartment. When I drove off, all sorts of instrument malfunctions. It turned out that when I lived in The Dalles, a mouse chewed the boot of the connector into the ABS module. After he dried it out, instruments worked okay. However, sometime after that, the ABS light started doing its thing. I disassembled the connector and found that he had trapped a wire in between the housings and it was squashed flat. I corrected that situation. The ABS light problem continued. I found an ABS wiring diagram and it shows that the squashed (black/white) wire is the Data Link connector wire. Could this be the problem? I don't want to spend a lot of money on tracking down a different problem that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
18,225 Posts
You'd want to check the ABS code first and find out what it indicates. It's not just a general failure light - there's a specific code in there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ABS Light cont

I thought about the codes, but the '94 doesn't have the plug so I would have to ground the pin and count flashes. My thinking about the squashed wire is that, since I believe it carries the ABS module signal to the computer, if it is intermittently not conducting, I would then not get the signal even if the ABS is working. Does that make sense? Is there a way to check if the ABS works, but just no signal? I thought about jumpering around the squashed portion. Would that work for a check?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts