SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the winter I put some winter tires on plain black steel wheels. I did this the yesterday and only on the front. The snow tires (and wheels) are a little bit smaller than my regular all-seasons on the back. I can't remember the sizes -- I'll look it up tomorrow in the light -- but it is noticeable when looking at the wheels. But on the way to work today, just about a 3 or 4 mile drive, the "!" light and ABS light came on. Could this be the computer thinking something is wrong because of the different wheel size causing them to spin at different speeds?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Shazam said:
For the winter I put some winter tires on plain black steel wheels. I did this the yesterday and only on the front. The snow tires (and wheels) are a little bit smaller than my regular all-seasons on the back. I can't remember the sizes -- I'll look it up tomorrow in the light -- but it is noticeable when looking at the wheels. But on the way to work today, just about a 3 or 4 mile drive, the "!" light and ABS light came on. Could this be the computer thinking something is wrong because of the different wheel size causing them to spin at different speeds?
Different sized tires/rims will throw an ABS code, because as you said, the wheels are traveling at different speeds. You have to be very careful of what tires you use, as I even seen the same size, just different brand, tires throw an ABS code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts