SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my TCS OFF light and my ABS light are on in my 2001 Saab 9-3 convertible and my odometer has stopped working (however my speedometer IS working). I had the car garaged for 4 years and when I went to pull it out I found someone had sliced through the top of my otherwise impeccable car. I had the top replaced, a new set of brakes put in and a new battery put in. Prior to any of this work neither of this lights were on (my parking brake light is on as well but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this or not).

Is this something that could have happened during any of the services I had done? Is there anything I can try to do on my own to see if it's something small? I don't want to take it in to a garage, the first thing they do is look at me, see I'm female and assume I'm car knowledge handicapped which isn't the general case!

I looked online and I've found that it's common for the ABS module to need replacing or rebuilding but it seems that my speedometer working may rule this out as an option. The car still drives and it brakes but after testing in the snow I'm almost certain my ABS isn't working.

Is my best bet to take it to the garage and have them look up the diagnostic codes? Is this an option on my 2001? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just went through this with my 2000 9-3 base. My speedometer was working intermittently with the abs light, odometer would stop working when the speedometer would go out. Sent my ABS control module to BBA Remanufacturing for repair and all is now well. Prior to this I cleaned all the connections hoping it would be something simple, but none of that cured the ABS light.

It is possible that a sensor may have been damaged during the brake work, but you will have to have a Saab mechanic diagnosis it for you. Perhaps you could take it back to the shop and let them know that something is f-ed up and see what they say. Have them diagnosis the problem... with you watching them if necessary, and then decide what you want to do. You can always take it somewhere else if you feel you aren't getting a fair shake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts