SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had the abs module go out with all the symptoms; dash lit up, no speedo, cel, etc. It's an 04 with a 701 module. Found an 04 at a pick n pull and pulled its module which, as hoped is a 701. Installed it and speedo came back and cel went off. However, all the other warning lights are still on; tcs, abs, parking brake, ! triangle.
It was my understanding that this was not a tech II item and that as long as the part # matched(701), it was plug and play.
Wheel sensors and connections all seem to check out.
Open to just about any suggestions at this point.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It's my understanding that if it's not the original ABS module that came with your car, you have to have it "married" with a Tech 2.

Most people remove it and have it rebuilt: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=27574

Otherwise, you'll have to take it to a dealer/Indie mechanic for it to be married with a Tech 2. You could also find a member on here with a Tech 2 who could help you out. Check out the Tech 2 forum.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I know on my '01, I just got one from the pick a part yard, installed it and all was good. I know '02 forward was a different system but I just wanted to let you know of my experience.

·
Registered
721 Posts
There are lots of versions of the ABS computer.

I have not heard of marrying the ABS computer with your Saab.

It is best to get the Original one repaired by BBS or others.

I have done this 2 times for 2 of our saab 9-5s and worked very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts