SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read up on all the ABS module problems and options to fix it on the forum, but just want to ask a few questions before I conclude that the ABS module is the problem.

1) Is there any way to test the Rear Drivers ABS sensor with a multimeter?

2) My problem is very intermittent, and it seems to come on and go off under hard steering or when I go over a bump. That sort of makes me lean to the sensor. When the module goes is it usually out for good, or do people experience intermittent issues?

3) If I rebuild through BBA, how long should it take? Is the car drivable w/o the module installed?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
554 Posts
mine was the module...
it was intermittent... usually as the car got warm I'd get the lights... but at start-up it was good to go..

it is driveable without the module... no speedo... no abs.... and baseline boost

took sent mine in on monday.. had it on thursday...FAST

·
Registered
18 Posts
is this the electronic cluster control or something on it? cause this sure sounds like the same problem ive been having. how much did this fix cost you. ive only had the quote done to fix what they said was my cluster control. and it was pricey

·
Registered
554 Posts
is this the electronic cluster control or something on it? cause this sure sounds like the same problem ive been having. how much did this fix cost you. ive only had the quote done to fix what they said was my cluster control. and it was pricey

never heard of a cluster control... I'm talking about the ABS module.. attaches to the piece with all the green metal brake lines...

I think it was $75 including shipping both ways..

·
Registered
18 Posts
im going to have to check that out. what i was told was it was part of the actual cluster so i would have to remove that as well as pretty much the whole dash in order to get at the problem to fix it so im willing to try what you did and see if ther is any change. what part did you say you changed?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Its the ABS computer module under the hood on the left hand side. Not the bit with the metal tubes but the black bit in front with the big electrical connection coming out the top. Maybe you could take yours out & put it back in to test.

Otherwise BBA etc (check out their web site it gives removal instructions - dead easy) , pretty good & fast. Did mine 5 years back & no probs since even after dire warning of dying in a fiery wreck due to no ABS from Saab & Bosch.

Both Saab & Bosch quoted me $3500+. Thieves. Mine cost $120 including airfreight Oz-USA-return & took a week.

Cheers M.

·
Registered
18 Posts
so this could be the cause of my entire cluster comming on and off. what a relief if it is. all my gauges would shut off and come back on whenever it wanted to plus i would get the test brake command everytime i start the car. does this sound familiar to you problem

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The Test Brakes message is normal.

The cluster going on and off is most likely either a loose connector behind the cluster or a broken solder joint within the cluster. If the cluster goes off, try hitting the dash. If it comes back on, suspect a bad solder joint... Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was kinda hoping you werent gonna say that. it seems that is the problem i can fonzy fix it. so i think thats the problem i was gonna try to take it out and see if a computer fix it store can find the loose joint before i take it anywhere else im hoping they can fix it cheaper than the saab here which would run me over 1000 i think but im kinda nervous about taking out

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine was the module...
it was intermittent... usually as the car got warm I'd get the lights... but at start-up it was good to go..

it is driveable without the module... no speedo... no abs.... and baseline boost

took sent mine in on monday.. had it on thursday...FAST
Thanks for the info.... I think im going to mess around with the connector on the rear drivers side sensor and see if it changes anyhting, but it looks like I might be doing the rebuild soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts