SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am about to do a water injection (Aquamist 2D) install on my 02 9-3 HOT with stage 3.

I need some advice as to where to install the water jet. Should it go before or after the MAP sensor or just after the IC etc.

Any one here done a similar install and have any advice for me?

Thanks

Jules

·
Registered
804 Posts
Jules93Conv said:
Hi I am about to do a water injection (Aquamist 2D) install on my 02 9-3 HOT with stage 3.

I need some advice as to where to install the water jet. Should it go before or after the MAP sensor or just after the IC etc.

Any one here done a similar install and have any advice for me?

Thanks

Jules

That model 9-3 actually has two pressure sensors, one in the intake pipe and one on the manifold itself. The one on the intake pipe is a combination pressure/temperature sensor.

While placing the nozzle before the temperature sensor might be conducive to allowing the engine to sense the real temperature of the air going into the engine, I don't think it's necessary; Trionic 7, to my knowledge, does not make significant timing or fuelling changes simply because of slightly cooler air. (Within reason.) But, I don't know for sure.

Hirsch have had trouble at least once tuning for water injection, and the water injection tends to require a copious amount of ignition advance to be effective.

Hmmm ... as to the original question, I don't think it matters much, but the further forward the nozzle is in the air-stream, the more chance the water will have to evaporate and cool the charge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts