SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've enjoyed all the fun the P0638 code has to share. I had a catastrophic failure, had a Saab guru replace the ECM ($1200 repair on my $500 dollar car), and all was well. Then, the walking pace (seriously, limp home is a generous description) cruise back home. I removed the throttle body (it was actually stuck shut, had to use a mallet to pop it open), cleaned and replaced it, reset codes and was good to go. My lovely P0638 came back the very next day. I'm enjoying rough starts, bad idling, and the occasional stall. I've tried the clutch + gas hard reset start a nearly infinite number of times. I removed the battery and the damn battery cover, but can't find the mythical H42-2 connector. 2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t, 230xxx miles, Manual. I think I've read all of the applicable threads. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
It's down on the front right corner of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen both of those threads... And that's not what it looks like under my battery. Pics attached. I did find something sort of like what was in the above pic, cleaned and lubed. No change.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,046 Posts
all 9-3's have it,you're not looking in the right place..stick head down there you'll see it..

@Diggs,think you mean front left corner..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, should have mentioned that I've installed WIS on two computers, specifically on a laptop so I can take it out to the car with me. The above photo is from the WIS and is, frankly, useless (I do appreciate the link, I just mean that by looking at it and looking at the space under my battery box, I don't have one of those). Does everyone have the rectangular fuse box immediately outside the battery box? Or is my car weird?

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I've seen both of those threads... And that's not what it looks like under my battery. Pics attached. I did find something sort of like what was in the above pic, cleaned and lubed. No change.
Not sure what you are doing up there. It is way down, like over a foot down the front right of the car (facing engine for aerojon's clarity ;) ). Down below the driver's side headlight and to the right a bit. $hitton of wires going into it.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
lol. It's like 4 am over there. Go back to bed. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,046 Posts
Don't go to bed till around 4-5am(depends on whether I have to be up early or not):cool:

where the red box is,look about 8-12" down(connectors are mounted on a bracket)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
So how does the WIS instruct to fix these pins? I believe I am having the same issue, I replaced my TB and no luck so this is my next best option. What is the process of fixing the pins do they just require a cleaning ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts