SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my black automagic beast 9-3 and got a black 2004 Aero 5 speed wagon, named Raul. This wagon is no joke.

Here is one of the first mods I have for it. It is a Hirsch roof wing replica, in carbon fiber. it's absolutely flawless and I can't wait to mount it.

Raul (my wagon) have best Hirsch type wing, and that is no joke.

in this one, that is not plastic on the top surface, it's the reflection of plastic that's behind it. it's super shiny real deep clear coat!!!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
...put it on...! :cool:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I know carbon fibre is deemed ricey but it is lovely looking stuff :cool:

That top pic of your new wagon is an excellent shot.
Hoping to see more soon ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Where is the wing from? Do they do one for a sedan? Raul is a handsome Chap (in a very non gay way) I like the 2004 front fascia the best.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
greenmatt said:
Where is the wing from? Do they do one for a sedan?
thanks. none for sedan that I know of, they only advertise both this style and the pedestal style combi wing in carbon, and silicone hoses for saabs...

look on fleabay... tell him Dan told you about him, maybe he can tell you what else they can make.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I had everything ready, holes marked... and I had the drill out... only to find my marks did not line up with these rubber grommets on the inside of the hatch, that are supposed to be where two of the bolts go.

I chickened out with drill in hand, since I couldn't seem to match this location with the holes... (this doesn't come with a template). I really didn't want to mess it up, especially since I have had the aero for a few weeks only... I had one of my local indy techs who I trust very much take a stab at it. He used to be a body guy so I know he'd get it perfect. and it looks great!!!

car is not so clean, and dusk lighting is not ideal.. but you get the idea.

I think this really gives the wagon a sporty edge, no pun intended.

in most light, you can't tell it's CF until you get real close. it just looks super shiny.

with a flash it shows off the CF more than in real life.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Very cool indeed! :cool:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes that is the guy. The spoiler will ship from Taiwan, so be aware it could take up to a month to reach you.

But the spoiler is top quality!!!! not a defect or blemish in the way the carbon weave is laid or anything.

You can tell him you are one of Dan's Saab friends.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Great news he's gonna be making them for the sedan too :cool:

Hopefully the lip and the bridge type :p

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is great news.

too bad I just recently put a bridge spoiler on the wife's 9-5 sedan. oh well. she likes hers cosmic blue and not carbon anyways.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Great news he's gonna be making them for the sedan too :cool:

Hopefully the lip and the bridge type :p
Wow that would be cool... but then I would need to get the Carbon dash to go with it... and I just switched for Aluminum :(

A nice carbon fiber lip spoiler would kick butt though, especially if the mounting tape is indented underneath so that there is no gap like on the eBay kits!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks really good, that's the best shape of spoiler for the estate, that's the shape i went for but painted to match the body colour

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Damn those are some lovely Aero waggons (love the cf wing abdukted)!

If I didn't have to buy a truck (to tow my work trailer) I'd be ready to purchase an Aero :D

Rogo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts