SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I want this thing bad. :D But I can't understand how this would be a benefit other than sweet lookin' bling unless the whole intake system was larger as well. Kind of like a stock exhaust system with a 3" muffler. Any thoughts on it's benefits?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I had it on my car for a short time last year before I sold it at Carlisle. The one problem I had was if you didn't tighten down the clamp around the throttle extremely tight under hard acceleration it could pop loose. There are some threads that offer debate about the tube being aluminum versus the plastic stock. It doesn't fit the stock rubber hose for the intercooler, so you have to use the red one included with it - that wouldn't work for me since I was using the blue ones from Maptun. And the hood closes pretty tight with it installed. Other than that, it is mostly bling - as I am told that you can use the stock one up until 400HP.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I have a home made one that is just as big. The heat soak is a non-issue really the air is compressed and only there for such a short time and only a short distance it can't be that bad.

Only issue I get is that it takes a second to fill up and pressure lags ( and I have a Big T28 turbo. With a lower flowing unit it will add lag...not a good thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts