SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thing with "Don", is he was very convincing and clearly manipulative. Telling me stories about his "sick mother in-law" and all this bull****. The guy is a sociopath. He strung me along just long enough to the point that paypal will not do anything, it's past the date I could have made a claim.

The first block was "returned to sender", then went "missing" from fedex and miraculously had no tracking number (yeah, ok). And the second one was returned to sender because it was a "damaged crate". You'd think the guy could try a little harder with his stories.

Also, stacey evans Facebook says she is in a relationship with "Chatham Sinclair" (dons real name?)

You know why I was blowing up his phone? Because the guy can't provide a tracking number or pick up a phone call for 5 days when I sent him 500$ 2 months ago.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It says Stacey is in a relationship with "Chatham Sinclair"? "Don"s real name , maybe?
That may be the case. If you look at a profile for Chatham Sinclair, https://www.facebook.com/chatham.sinclair?fref=browse_search, he is listed as living in Wheeling, WV - which is where the UPS store is located where some parts have been shipped from.

There are members who have received parts, but they were not as described or they were faulty. Of course, Geoff claims to not have any involvement - he is just a "middle man". But he is advertising and pushing people to "Don" for the sale.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The thing was, Don was very convincing and manipulative. He assured me all these stories of FedEx "losing" the crate were true, and other nonsense. And you know why I blew up his phone? Because my car is sitting in the driveway with no engine in it and I'm in the middle of moving out of my house and te guy won't provide a tracking number or pick up his phone for 5 days lol.

What a horrible con man. You'd think he could be a little smarter.

But it seems he was smart, considering he strung my along past the date I could make a paypal claim. Only thing I can do is file a police report.
I hear what you say, but after having gone through a few of these scenarios myself (not with anyone here on this forum), I've learned to be automatic and by my book, with no tolerance for dilly-dallying and worst luck in the world stories. There's no good reason not to initiate a dispute or claim in a timely manner after posting payment. In fact, starting one will force the seller to follow up with a valid tracking #, forcing the transaction to move along toward whatever conclusion.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've messaged both Stacey and Don. Giving them both until this afternoon to refund my money, or I will be going to the authorities. We will see.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry for posts saying the same things. Not used to having the posts be approved so I keep thinking I lost what I originally typed.

·
Super Moderator
18,911 Posts
Sorry about the approval. Not sure what is wrong with the filter today. If you posted don't get upset, it will get approved shortly.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I got one item from him but it took a long time to get. then on the second item I had to use paypal to get my money back as Don dissappeared

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Here is more on "Don", aka Chatham Sinclair:

https://pipl.com/n/chatham_sinclair/

Cookingspg was listed as being from Pittsburgh - Chatham Sinclair has a listed hit from Aliquippa, PA which is near Pittsburgh.

We all know that "Don" was listed and selling/scamming under "mintyfreshaero". Stacey was linked to Chatham on FB.

Chatham Sinclair has a listed hit from Bethlehem, WV and Wheeling, WV (Bethlehem is outside of Wheeling). "Don" was sends things using a UPS store in Wheeling, WV.

The phone number that "Don" uses is from Vail, CO. There is a hit for Chatham Sinclair in Vail, CO.

He supposedly runs the Snail Speed Car Club

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snail-Speed-Car-Club/188630284022

There is a Donald Chatham Sinclair II listed in Avvo as a lawyer

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/26003-wv-donald-sinclair-1881316.html

Donald Chatham Sinclair II
Sinclair PLLC
PO Box 6565
Wheeling, WV 20003
304-243-9193

·
Registered
114 Posts
What is amazing is that a person can go to jail for writing bad checks yet something like this is taking place and he might never face the authorities.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Was fortunate enough to get my $83 back today via PP claims, especially since it was a non-merchant transaction. I suppose with multiple claims to one account at the same time, they're honoring them all.

GL to others seeking resolution.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Was fortunate enough to get my $83 back today via PP claims, especially since it was a non-merchant transaction. I suppose with multiple claims to one account at the same time, they're honoring them all.

GL to others seeking resolution.
did you contact them or did they contact you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
When possible, always pay via Paypal & fully use credit, even if it is a debit card. NOT your PP funds. Paypal almost always decides in favor of the buyer.
ALWAYS file a claim prior to the paypal deadline, no matter what a seller tells you.
If paypal won't reverse the charge, contact your card agency & file there.
Keep all paperwork.
Should that fail, file in small claims court - there will be a fee, include that amount in your claim.
Something above should work - if it doesn't, look into mail fraud regulations & the BBB. Post on Yelp, FB. Never let a scammer get away with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When possible, always pay via Paypal & fully use credit, even if it is a debit card. NOT your PP funds. Paypal almost always decides in favor of the buyer.
ALWAYS file a claim prior to the paypal deadline, no matter what a seller tells you.
If paypal won't reverse the charge, contact your card agency & file there.
Keep all paperwork.
Should that fail, file in small claims court - there will be a fee, include that amount in your claim.
Something above should work - if it doesn't, look into mail fraud regulations & the BBB. Post on Yelp, FB. Never let a scammer get away with it.
Paypal is the best thing for stuff like this. Also, I got kinda screwed by this. If you file a claim within 45 days of the payment, Paypal can physically go into the other persons account and take the money out. IF you file a claim after 45 days, Paypal can only try to persuade the other person to send the money back, but is not forced to. I learned this the hard way, seller delayed responding to me till after the 45 days then would get back to me, but it was too late and I lost the cash. Scammers=Scum of the earth

21 - 40 of 40 Posts