SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I'm not sure where else to post this.

Posted about needing a motor on July 30th, got a text from this guy about a block he would sell for 300$ plus shipping (490$). He seemed knowledgeable, and friendly enough. But, apparently he strung me along long enough for paypal to not be able to do anything about it, and has now turned his phone off.

He constantly told me he was busy and to call back, and would ignore my calls for days on end and turn his phone off, primarily on the days he claimed the engine would arrive at my house. Was "not provided a tracking number" multiple times.

He goes by the name Don. Unsure of his last name.

If you are ever contacted by him for a sale, make sure he provides you with valid tracking (apparently he's too busy to take the 30 seconds of time it would take to text a tracking number).

All the info I have on him:

Name is Don *do not know last name*

Phone # he uses is 907-306-3098

Paypal he instructed me to send payment to was [email protected] (apparently his wife's)

Just a warning to the Saab community not to make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sorry I'm not sure where else to post this.

Posted about needing a motor on July 30th, got a text from this guy about a block he would sell for 300$ plus shipping (490$). He seemed knowledgeable, and friendly enough. But, apparently he strung me along long enough for paypal to not be able to do anything about it, and has now turned his phone off.

He constantly told me he was busy and to call back, and would ignore my calls for days on end and turn his phone off, primarily on the days he claimed the engine would arrive at my house. Was "not provided a tracking number" multiple times.

He goes by the name Don. Unsure of his last name.

If you are ever contacted by him for a sale, make sure he provides you with valid tracking (apparently he's too busy to take the 30 seconds of time it would take to text a tracking number).

All the info I have on him:

Name is Don *do not know last name*

Phone # he uses is 907-306-3098

Paypal he instructed me to send payment to was [email protected] (apparently his wife's)

Just a warning to the Saab community not to make the same mistake I did.
Does he have a SaabCentral ID?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
theh0rse -

I have also had a similar experience recently with this "Don" - same email address but you wrote the phone number incorrectly - it is 970-306-3098. Several weeks ago I corresponded with Geoff Nelson (lives in PA), who said he had Saab parts available. I needed a black Harmon Kardon amplifier for my 9-5. He said he had one and to make an offer. I made an offer and it was accepted. He told me it was from his friend Don Evans, and gave me the email addy for Don's wife Stacey. I paypal'd the money over on September 16th - three and a half weeks ago. I specifically asked before I sent the money if the part could be shipped quickly since I needed it and my dashboard was pulled apart. He said it shouldn't be an issue.
After several days I inquired through Geoff about when it was shipped out, and I was told Thursday (September 18th). When I didn't receive it several days later, I sent a PM to Stacey on FB and asked about it. She said it was sent out on Monday (September 22nd).

Don texted me on September 25th and said that it was on the way, and that It was supposedly coming from a rural place in WV that needed a stop or two in the postal system. Fine. But here it is a full two weeks later and I have not received the amp.

Don tells me that Geoff stops over at his small shop a couple times a month to strip off parts.

It doesn't take two weeks to ship something even from Hawaii to Maine. It took less time for something to come from Russia and clear customs for me.

I have sent a PM to Stacey and texted Don and neither of them will respond to me. I am asking them if they haven't sent it, to forget about it and to please refund me the $75 and we'll call it even.

I want to caution any and all members from making a transaction with either Geoff or his "friend" Don because they may end up in a situation like me and I don't know about anyone else, but having my dashboard ripped open for three weeks has not been the experience I was expecting.

Stacey Evan's Facebook account is here https://www.facebook.com/stacey.evans.796.

Here is what Stacey messaged to me at 10:08pm on September 24th:

"It just went out on Monday. I'm sorry you haven't received it, yet. Please let us know when you do. Thanks for your patience and understanding."

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Hey theh0rse - contact Paypal and make a claim like I did. They will be incredibly helpful. If we find out any others have been scammed, please get them to comment here and/or contact me asap. If we find out more, I am going to collect the data to get other entities involved.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
That phone number comes up under the SaabCentral handle of "mintyfreshaero"... there are several hits to him selling parts in 2013.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Just got a text from Don! Seems I got his attention with a few messages to his wife and his voicemail.

He claims his "phone is broke" and "won't hold a charge". Says he "wasn't ignoring me" and that the item was "returned" and "resent". He is "willing to refund me" and that I can "keep the amp".

This is all fishy at best.

He says to "quit messaging his wife" (it is her Paypal account so she will be involved). Says his wife is not involved that they only use the same Paypal account.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
theh0rse -

I have also had a similar experience recently with this "Don" - same email address but you wrote the phone number incorrectly - it is 970-306-3098. Several weeks ago I corresponded with Geoff Nelson (lives in PA), who said he had Saab parts available.
Was it geoffisacnt in Warren, PA?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Now I just found out this from another Saab member...

"Hey, I got a part off of Geoff's friend (Don). I actually did get my part in a timely manner, which was a driver mirror assembly. It showed up and just so happened to be the same color. I happened to touch the glass and noticed it was loose. Come to find out the glass was de-laminating from the backing. When I confronted him (Geoff) about it he wanted nothing to do with it. Just deflected to his friend which surprised me seeing he never initially told me they weren't his parts.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My suggestion is to use Paypal and demand that a valid tracking # be provided soon. After that, do not hesitate to initiate a dispute or claim.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Geoff is involved whether he thinks he is or not. He lists how he is "parting out" cars for the parts, however, the parting out is occurring at Don's small shop in WV. Looks like there are several members being scammed.

Don's response to me when I told him about your engine, theh0rse, is that you "blew up his phone" from so many calls or texts and that his phone won't work right now. He also said that the crate was damaged by FedEx and he has a claim with them. Yeah, right.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
Yes, that is the same Geoff.
Okay, I figured. I closed one of his threads 3 weeks ago since he was providing less than the bare minimum of information about the part-out. He was in fact being so coy it was almost comical.

Okay then, this is being reported into the Moderators forum for further discussion there. Stand by.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
See also, posts 184 and 187 in this thread.
In post 184 it is asserted that mintyfreshaero is the alter ego for Cookinspg who was previously accused of suspicious marketplace activity.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Still awaiting a set of hubs from Don. No response to recent texts. Over a month since payment. Not encouraged by these recent posts.
Contact Paypal and file a claim, get your money back and go elsewhere. Do not do any business with this guy, and spread the word. He thinks that people can afford to wait weeks or months for parts we need as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Contact Paypal and file a claim, get your money back and go elsewhere. Do not do any business with this guy, and spread the word. He thinks that people can afford to wait weeks or months for parts we need as soon as possible.
Initiate a claim IMMEDIATELY! Can't believe you guys waiting for weeks for a tracking #! If the seller's for real, he'll ship the goods within a week max after receiving payment!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thing was, Don was very convincing and manipulative. He assured me all these stories of FedEx "losing" the crate were true, and other nonsense. And you know why I blew up his phone? Because my car is sitting in the driveway with no engine in it and I'm in the middle of moving out of my house and te guy won't provide a tracking number or pick up his phone for 5 days lol.

What a horrible con man. You'd think he could be a little smarter.

But it seems he was smart, considering he strung my along past the date I could make a paypal claim. Only thing I can do is file a police report.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts