SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are saab parts easy to come by at the local discount/advance auto parts shops?
i ask because this is by far the most "exclusive"car ive had.before this,the high point of my auto ownership was an 85 new yorker.(which was comparable to the saab when it came to creature comforts.must of been quite the flagship in 85)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You should be able to find basic items such as brake pads, rotors, water pumps, P/S pumps, hoses, air filters, oil filters, spark plugs etc at NAPA or Autozone. For any turbocharging system related items, Ignition Cassettes, Saab specific components like fuel return check valves, motor and transmission mounts etc... you will need to probably hit the online stores like eeuroparts.com or genuinesaab.com. Ebay is good for used parts as well. Also, your local Saab dealer can help in a pinch but is usually expensive.

The trick is to be prepared. Know the common failure points for whatever mileage you currently have and know ehere to get those parts so that you are never forced to buy from the dealer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Actually that was a good question.

Light bulbs and such I would go to Autozone. For brakes, I will order from online sources or an import parts store. dealer is last resort and I would not get chinese brake disks at Advance Auto if they were giving them away. Oil (Autozone sells Mobil 1 Supersyn Euro formula 0w40) I get at the auto parts store, filter at the dealer or online. Most common failure parts you can get from online sources for good prices. GenuieSaab is highly regarded by many here. Just start saving money each month and pay close attention to the car. When you think something might be failing you can order it and save a lot of money that way. Each time you find a part you should price it and get the best you can for your money. Sometimes you can get away with aftermarket, sometimes Oem is the way to go. Best bet is to ask here for opinions and then make your own call.

Be meticulous in the maintenance (engine oil especially) and you should be fine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a bundle.i figured like any car,specific parts will not be available from the local store.id write more,but im on my way out the door to work.thanks again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts