SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this gem on Ebay, and bought it for 107$ + shipping. :p

Been chasing after one of these for a while now. Factory carbon fiber dash in VERY good condition, NOT the overlay.

The only problem is the right HVAC vent is broken...Can I take the good one from my current dash, and put it onto the CF one? If so, then how?

·
Registered
771 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:

Been chasing after one of these for a while now. Factory carbon fiber dash in VERY good condition, NOT the overlay.

The only problem is the right HVAC vent is broken...Can I take the good one from my current dash, and put it onto the CF one? If so, then how?

ohh if i knew where you lived lol, that would be gone tonight

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:

yeah thats definately the overlay man. That dash looks 100% like mine and I have the stick on CF kit from SAAB.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WaSaabiPSI said:
yeah thats definately the overlay man. That dash looks 100% like mine and I have the stick on CF kit from SAAB.
If you're referring to the yellow color, it's the flash that makes it look like that. How can you identify real cf dash to the overlay?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Damn you eskimogangsta! :evil:

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
.these were going for $25 at SOC 06......

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
I wasnt refering to the lighting. I bought mine for 65 off of ebay a year or so ago. It came with the The SID CF and Radio CF peices too. You can tell its stick on because of the area around the light switch, vents, among other areas too. I dont think Saab made an entire dash out of CF, I believe its only available in the "stick on" form.

·
Registered
771 Posts
WaSaabiPSI said:
I wasnt refering to the lighting. I bought mine for 65 off of ebay a year or so ago. It came with the The SID CF and Radio CF peices too. You can tell its stick on because of the area around the light switch, vents, among other areas too. I dont think Saab made an entire dash out of CF, I believe its only available in the "stick on" form.
true cf is expenisive, unless you have access to 10 600 foot rolls, that were experimental NASA surplus for 1996 that was donated

i get i cheap lol

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:

Lay it face down, once you start to work it out it might pop out as it's on a spring.

I used those reall tiny screwdrivers like for eyeglass repair.

Gently, and evenly pry the drivers into the areas where they clip, leaving them in there so they don't clip shut again. The whole center section will come out.

The vent directionals are all seperate and will need to go back the same way for it to work.

It's really not that hard once you get into it but can take a while the first time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
LOL! Hells Yea! I really wanted that for my car! It's ok though, I'll keep my eyes peeled for another one, hopefully soon. Good luck installing it! It's pretty easy as long as you know where the "hidden" T25 torx screws are! LOL.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Mine came from the factory like that in my 03 Convertible sport package...Mine doesn't really look like an overlay like the kind you buy off of ebay...i Have tried to peel it off and it isn't going any where. Ebay sells some pretty nasty looking vinyl overlays.

Was this from the last of the 9-3NG sport packages maybe?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts