SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin for a good replacement turbo/slight upgrade for my 93 9000 CSE Auto as my current turbo is starting to sound like a supercharger when its cold. I know its about to go out and want to have a bolt on standing by when it does. Let me know thanks
c

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Therealet23 said:
auto= stock turbo (t25).

auto w/ upgrade turbo(td04 +) = blown gearbox easy
this isnt true at all.if your on a stock aero software it will work just fine as long as you leave the torque limiting crap in place.

·
Registered
414 Posts
saabkid37 said:
this isnt true at all.if your on a stock aero software it will work just fine as long as you leave the torque limiting crap in place.
hmmm i guess this also explains why from the factory saab didnt give the auto aeros the td04....just ask around saabcentral, saablink.....see what those people say....and then in the end....do what u want...its ur car...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I don t want to blow my tranny, I just thought about a slight upgrade for a little more umpf to get on the freeway at a nice clip. I have a cse so its got the Aero software. TDO4 is what Im eyeballing at the moment.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
you have a 93 cse which does not have anything aero.

the 98 cse had aero interior, and if i recall aero turbo and software.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why is it i have seen on this forum people swapping the CSE/AERO ecu into their cars for the turbo upgrade?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Do not fear, you can use a TD04 with that automatic transmission. A member on saablink has one on his car running stage 4 software, I rode in it at the saab owners convention this past summer. He had been running Aero software on it for quite some time and driving the car very hard, and his transmission still shifted great.

Keep the auto trans fluid changed, and try not to kick it down very much and you should be fine.

From talking to a few people who know the 9000 Auto trans pretty well, and up to a point the transmission bennefits from the added clamping pressue that the turbocharger pumps into it (via that port and pressure hose on the back side of the delivery pipe).

I'd say go for it, it makes for a very wild ride :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My car is a 92 2.3 CSE auto. I got a couple of upgrades which include a hybrid t25 and I have 1.41 BAR/20.4 psi and it runs fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts