SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't find the left foglight that I need for my 9-3 at the u-pull(s) ... seven eligible cars... not one left foglight, but I did score a few items: I found a console in an NG900 to replace mine... mine has a bad clip on the top of the rear and the cover doesn't stay on very well. Also scored an ACC unit that I wasn't looking for but took a risk on - $17 for an ACC that's fully functioning to replace my quickly degrading unit. Got the seat belt I needed to replace my SRS defective one. Picked up a set of cam cover bolts that aren't rusty junk to go with my C900 valve cover project. Grabbed a couple rear speakers out of a 'vert since I was in the rear panel area anyway. Total of $65 or so plus tax and fees for a nice day of farming.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds like a good crop from your farming. Don't forget to grab those other 'hard to find' items. Like the cabin sensor, plugs for the door trim, old school wheel emblems, and 'plugs that cover your wiper assembly arm bolts'. Rear speaker frames would be good, also the 'storage tray' that fitted in the rear - under the rear hatch lid. They are hard to find also...

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've got most of that stuff in stock from a lot of previous runs. In fact, I need to start selling some of it off. I ended up ordering some of those door trim plugs.

I actually left the rear speaker frames behind and took the speakers, figuring I could re-use mine. Are the frames of any use?

·
Registered
383 Posts
The frames develop a crack near where the 3 screws go in. That's what I've discovered on mine recently.

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mort: Are you talking the door speakers (plastic frames) or the rear speakers (metal frames)? I could see the door buckets being an issue.

Went u-pulling again yesterday. Still didn't find the foglight I need. I've looked at a ten cars now and not found one that doesn't have a seriously damaged driver's side foglight. I may give in an buy one on Ebay.

Meanwhile, though, I did pick up some other stuff I don't really need that I can add to the project list. In fact, the 9-3 I looked at yesterday had a full six speaker aftermarket upgrade. I have to check out the specs to see if I want to use them (and invest the time in pulling all the panels). I have another upgrade project I'll post on later.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bob - I was talking about the rear speakers in the trunk/boot. On each side there are 3 mounting screws. The plastic frames seem to break at these points.

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I am talking about a 'vert. That would explain the discrepancy. I considered those as "spacers". Oddly, one 2001 5D I had needed them and the other didn't. I never quite figured that out since they should have been identical.

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What pick and pull were at? I am on Cape Cod and need a referral to one. Thanks.
Pequod: I moved west, way west. As in the Southwest. So no place you'd want to drive too... unless you have five days to spare. jmk is down your way - he might have some pointers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts