SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 9-5 V6

1. My CEL is on and OBD shows code P0502, speed sensor A. There are 2 speed sensors on my car, any idea which this code corresponds with? I just reinstalled the ABS module from BBA in Mass, so this is my next step trying to get rid of this code.

2. Sometimes after I fuel up, I smell gasoline in the passenger compartment when the driver's window is down. I have only filled up the car 3 or 4 times, and I think I got the smell twice. Any ideas?

3. Has anyone changed the lightbulbs on the speedo? I have no light on the speedo from 0-95 mph, and very dim light from 4,000 rpm through the rest of the tach. Right now I am not really that concerned about the light (see question about speed sensor), as the speedo/odo are not working right now.

4. Immediately after I bought the car, but before I really read about oil on these boards, I had the oil changed to full synth as I have no idea what was previously used in the car. It has Mobil 1 5W30 now. Is this acceptable for mainly highway drivng in the South (I live just north of Atlanta). OR should I put 0W in with the next oil change?

Thanks for the advice!

Steff

·
Registered
502 Posts
Check for factory recalls on your specific module..

The gasoline smell is probably nothing.. How many miles are on the car?

You say after 95mph you can read your speedometer? What level rpm are you at during this speed..

How long have you owned the car thus far?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned the car for about 1 month.

The only recall open for the car is for the wheel bolts, and I plan to have that done next week.

The odo reads 154,035 and has only clocked 15 miles since I bought the car. I am putting in a new speed sensor Tuesday, hopefully this will fix the speedo/odo. Anyone know which sensor is referred to as "sensor A"?

In regards to the speedo, the light behind it is out. I can not see the speedo from 0-95 mph. The tach is dim, but readable from 4 through the rest of the tach. I need to replace a bulb behind the spedo cluster so I can see it at night.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedo Lights

Where to get the lightbulb for the speedo?

Is this something that I can pick up at the local auto parts store, or is a drive to the stealer in order?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
wiSpeel said:
The gasoline smell is probably nothing.. How many miles are on the car?
Smelling gas is NOT normal. Two things to check if you smell gas/oil, the PCV pipework/plastic grommit that comes from the top of the cam cover or the fuel evap purge valve near the MAF sensor sometimes gets sticky or can leak via the supply pipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts