SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked one up at Harbor Freight for $59.99 as part of their parking lot sale; Central Hydraulics 3 ton capacity super heavy duty and a 2 year replacement guarantee for $9.99 (very worth it in my opinion).

I know it's Chinese and the quality issues but the cost is normally $99.99 and I know someone with one that's flawless and 10 years old so...;) Just a heads up for those of you DIY'ers needing to build up their tool collection. Flyer

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
MY HF Jack is around 8+ years of age, looses a little pressure; That $9 should be for jack stands.
The last one was a Montgomery Wards unit, $90, a long time ago, made in the USA and it worked perfectly. :cheesy:

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I bought a HF 800 capacity transmission jack in 2008. On the internet, it was advertised for $129. In the store it was marked for $149. I asked about the internet price and they sold it to me for $109. I'm glad I asked. Most times they want you to bring a printout of the internet ad... Ron

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have been using a 3 ton HF jack for the last 4 years and it has served me well. I was going to buy a Craftsman but when I looked at them they were made in China and didn't appear to be any better quality than the HF. I decided to try the HF for less than 1/2 the Craftsman price and would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
You should be able to use the front/center jacking point to lift the car well into the air and use the front/side jacking points for jack stands. When I did that, I stuck 2 wheels with tires inder each side "just-in-case." ... Ron

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I'm a big fan of aluminum floor jacks. For jacking up the front I have a 2-ton Jack from Costco. I can actually carry it around the driveway fairly comfortably, unlike my dad's old steel 2-ton jack. It was a Christmas present, but I think they go for about $200. For jacking up the side, I have a small one that weighs very little. I got it on sale for $40 at a local sports and auto chain that went under. It's also really nice how they don't rust and don't have
paint to chip off.

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ HF offers aluminum ones too but then again they are a bit pricy as well, and me, I just like old fashioned, heavy steel.

I got the jack stands too, 3 tonners Central Machinery brand, with the ratcheting cast steel posts for $20. Quality stuff for not too much money.

Looking to source a metric deep impact socket set there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts