SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Professional Parts Sweden. I will call you out by name. The top rim of the fuel pump is not tall enough to make an appropriate seal. Even if you use their supplied cap screw. Even if you use a Saab OEM cap screw, even if you use the new O ring they supply you with, even if you use the old one, even if you use another new one. Even when you tighten it with a custom made Saab tool you made with a brake press that fits perfectly into the channels like the one photoed in Bentley. It will leak gas out of top of the pump from the edges. I resent them for making me take those brittle barbs off so many times to *wonderful* with it.

I threw a junk yard OEM Saab piss colored yellow fuel pump in (installed and tightened once, one pass) and it sealed perfectly. It sings a little, so I threw another junkyard one in the lower boot.

Beware.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
It may say Sweden, but these parts are made in China. Maybe they're final-assembled in Sweden...who knows...but I avoid the brand at any cost

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Regretfully, chinese industry is notorious for blatant and almost idiotic "copy" style manufacturing.
If the original part had "Made in Tim-buk-too" stamped on it, so would the chinese copy.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yup. The jury is in--I'd rather install a junkyard part (even at twice the cost!) than a new made in chi-layshia "pro-part sweden".

I can't recall any item of theirs I've used that I didn't regret on some level...

·
Registered
994 Posts
It may say Sweden, but these parts are made in China. Maybe they're final-assembled in Sweden...who knows...but I avoid the brand at any cost
a perfect representation of this would be light bulbs at a hyundai dealer (where i used to work as an advisor)

the little box for the ever so common h7 headlight bulb states "made in korea" and when you open up the box, the bulb flange is stamped "osram made in germany"

so yea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.