SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to buy everything to change the oil, plugs and filters today and am wondering which oils. I know Mobile1 is a good choice, so I should get the European Car Formula 0w40? How about Mobile1 filters? Advance has a special going on right now that gets 5qts and a filter for $27.99. I've always used Puroilator Pure One filters, but I don't think they can be used w/ this deal.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
0w-40 is correct and mobil 1 currently doesnt make any filters for our car.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
M1 0W40 is the preferred Oil, you can use any GM LL A 025 Spec Oil Safely to go the recommended Interval, you can also use other Oils safely if you shorten the Interval.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What other brands make oil filters for our cars? I have always just went to the dealer to buy it because last time I went to Autozone they didn't have any for the 04' 9-3 Aero.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Go with the oem oil filter.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I buy Purolator PureOnes - PL15436

Amazon.com sells a set of two PL15436 filters for $13.20 Plus, they include the large O-ring for the filter cap! The Purolator Clasic is only $9.06 for a pair but I don't know if they come with the O-rings included.

Combine them with something else to get the total order above $25 and shipping is free.

The above filter numbers are for the 2.0 Litre L4, not the V6.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PureOne filters are real good. Wix or Napa Gold (they're the same fitler w/ different names on the them) are also very good. I've ran those on my MC's and my Z and always had good results.

·
Registered
73 Posts
PureOne filters are real good. Wix or Napa Gold (they're the same fitler w/ different names on the them) are also very good. I've ran those on my MC's and my Z and always had good results.
I have used OEM and Napa Gold, and honestly the Napa filter is much higher quality at less than 1/2 the price. These filters (Napa Gold) have performed very well in multiple tests. Plus they come with the O Ring:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have used OEM and Napa Gold, and honestly the Napa filter is much higher quality at less than 1/2 the price. These filters (Napa Gold) have performed very well in multiple tests. Plus they come with the O Ring:D
Nice.
I tried GS OE Filter and was charging me $14 shipping online check out.
I just ordered it along with other stuff for the same amount of s/h.
I'll try NAPA next time.
Can't get wrong with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Try Royal Purple, Amsoil, RedLin or Neo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just ask your local Advance to swap oil filters. My local shop let me swap a Purolater PureOne for the (non-existent) Mobil 1 filter. $28 for 5 qts of 0w-40 and a good filter is an uncommonly good deal.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I get a few at a time online, you can get them from www.genuinesaab.com www.thesaabsite.com www.eeuroparts.com and several other sites/

I do this too, I think eeuro gives you free shipping when you buy more than 50 bucks worth of stuff (easy to do if you buy plugs or a filter while you're there).

I believe that the MANN filters from eeuro come with the O ring that you need to seal the cap. Since this is your first time, you probably want to buy a couple of the little rubber seals for the drain plug too. Both these and the O ring are re-usable (unofficially), but it's good to have spares on hand if the old one looks beat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts