SaabCentral Forums banner

A couple oil ???'s

824 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  JMarkert
So I'm going to buy everything to change the oil, plugs and filters today and am wondering which oils. I know Mobile1 is a good choice, so I should get the European Car Formula 0w40? How about Mobile1 filters? Advance has a special going on right now that gets 5qts and a filter for $27.99. I've always used Puroilator Pure One filters, but I don't think they can be used w/ this deal.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,205 Posts
I buy Purolator PureOnes - PL15436

Amazon.com sells a set of two PL15436 filters for $13.20 Plus, they include the large O-ring for the filter cap! The Purolator Clasic is only $9.06 for a pair but I don't know if they come with the O-rings included.

Combine them with something else to get the total order above $25 and shipping is free.

The above filter numbers are for the 2.0 Litre L4, not the V6.

· Registered
73 Posts
PureOne filters are real good. Wix or Napa Gold (they're the same fitler w/ different names on the them) are also very good. I've ran those on my MC's and my Z and always had good results.
I have used OEM and Napa Gold, and honestly the Napa filter is much higher quality at less than 1/2 the price. These filters (Napa Gold) have performed very well in multiple tests. Plus they come with the O Ring:D

· Registered
235 Posts
I have used OEM and Napa Gold, and honestly the Napa filter is much higher quality at less than 1/2 the price. These filters (Napa Gold) have performed very well in multiple tests. Plus they come with the O Ring:D
Nice.
I tried GS OE Filter and was charging me $14 shipping online check out.
I just ordered it along with other stuff for the same amount of s/h.
I'll try NAPA next time.
Can't get wrong with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Try Royal Purple, Amsoil, RedLin or Neo.

· Registered
6,596 Posts
I get a few at a time online, you can get them from www.genuinesaab.com www.thesaabsite.com www.eeuroparts.com and several other sites/

I do this too, I think eeuro gives you free shipping when you buy more than 50 bucks worth of stuff (easy to do if you buy plugs or a filter while you're there).

I believe that the MANN filters from eeuro come with the O ring that you need to seal the cap. Since this is your first time, you probably want to buy a couple of the little rubber seals for the drain plug too. Both these and the O ring are re-usable (unofficially), but it's good to have spares on hand if the old one looks beat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.