SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I took my 86' 900 off the road and am now cruising in comfort. 1. It makes a tickticktick sound under right wheelwell. 2.Front reverse light bulbs are melted to there ballast. 3. There is only one reverse light?? seems to be on purpose. 4.When driving aqt night there is an occasional very slight dimming of head lights and very minor loss of power, radiator fan coming on a lot because of intercooler maybe? 5. A ground from next to the left most injector to the frame is melted and the copper is oxidizing, not hot to touch though. 6. The idle hunts more than i'd like 7.And if you rev it not in gear the revs hang high sometimes for 1 or 2 seconds. 8. Also it has a 66,500 mile replaced engine, the old had a oil pump failure(apparently not from sludge) is there anything inherant in the vehicle that could cause that to fail? I think thats it for now, other than that I am loving my new car!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
731 Posts
  1. Does it make the noise only when moving, or when stationary? When cold or when hot? Does it vary with RPM/road speed?
  2. Front reverse lights? Do you mean fog lights??
  3. There's only one on my '97 I think.
  4. Do you have AC/ACC? This will make the fan run more - an intercooler shouldn't. On mine, heavy loads cutting in and out, even for example electric windows, will make the lights dim a little. I'm not sure if this is normal or not! It could be I think either a battery, alternator or earth problem. Sounds like your electrics may generally be a bit suspect, going by the melted things? :eek:
  5. Not sure.
  6. Try cleaning the throttle butterfly and the idle control valve. The latter is a pig to get to - it's under the throttle body.
  7. This is normal, it's an electronic version of an oil dashpot on the throttle, for emissions purposes, to prevent excess fuel being dumped out.
  8. Not sure about that.
Glad you are enjoying your new car!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. The ticking is consistent regardless of engine speed, don't know exactly when it does it. I decided though that it was the charcoal canister purge valve. I pulled it out and lubed it up. No sound yet.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Tick tick could be the fuel pressure regulator in the end of the fuel rail. The vapour recovery cannister also has a solenoid valve as it needs to be shut off from the intake when the turbo is boosting.

One rear back up lamp is normal if you also have a the rear fog light option. The rear foglight replaces the left side back up lamp with a red lense high intensity tail light for use in heavy fog or blinding snow. Switch is one of the fog light switches to the left under the headlight switch. The switch with the "dipped" beam logo is the front foglight switch the "straight" beam logo is the rear fog light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts