SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a couple of days with little luck. Here's what I have:

I only get air blowing from the center vent, as well as the rear vent. I recharged my A/C last weekend and just checked it again today. It's a hot day and it's around 45-50 Psi. The air blowing out of the center vent is still warm, but in the evening when it cools off, man the A/C works great! So I figure I have a blender door or whatever it's called that's not working. Maybe more than one? Who knows... Anyway, am I crazy, or is it possible that a flap is allowing the hot air from outside to pass through, and overpowering the cold air from the A/C? I would truly appreciate any help. I am recently transplanted from Colorado where I could have cared less about A/C, to Houston, TX where I am almost literally melting!

BTW, I have a 99 9-3 SE convertible with ACC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would love a response... I'm lucky as it's a rainy day, and a little cooler. I have been thinking, and wondering about the compressor. On my last 9-3, it would cycle on and off I believe. This is doing the same, but it's teasing me. I start getting cool air, and then it blows nice and warm. Really not effective at all. So I still wonder if hot outside air is being pushed into the cabin, or maybe the condenser is cycling off too quickly?

The thing driving me crazy is it IS working... Teasing me with short bits of nice cool air. It works very well at night too!

Can someone help me at least find where-ever the fresh air inlet(s) might be? I'm ready to drop the glove box, and go to town on it, but would love an idea of where to check.
Thanks for any help or advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts