SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there SC I've done all the looking I can and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. The problem is the a/c works great for about ten minutes while I'm driving then it starts to blow warm air. It also has a funky smell that I can't really describe when it's working. The car is a 2000 9-3 with the manual climate control. Checked all the fuses and checked the toilet paper roll issue. Went through all of the troubleshooting ideas in the manual and I'm completely stumped. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
When was the cabin filter changed? If it's dirty, it may be reducing the sir flow which leads to the evaporator may be freezing up. Low freon may also cause that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No clue when the cabin filter was changed we just picked up the car used about half a year ago. Where is that located il take a look at it?

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,747 Posts
at base of windshield - you have to take off the wiper arms, then the plastic shield and sub shield....then you will see it.

I had same problem in my vert...turns out the R-132 was just a little low....topped that off and not had a problem since....it would cool, then I guess the system would heat up and presto it would trip the pressure switch as it was too low to stay engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts