SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so towards the end of last year my a/c wasnt cooling as well as it should. This year it doesnt cool at all. I have had the gas re done and the system is pressurized with no leaks, but still its not cold.

Has anyone got any ideas :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Finn I've been doing loads of searches and all seem to come up with similar ideas that you have already ruled out:

1. Needs Regas (you have had yours done)
2. Compressor failure (would leak probably)
3. Damaged or worn pipework (would leak probably)
4. I assume recalibration shows no faults?

Could it have been disturbed when Abbotts put the large IC in as its right next to the condenser :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if its the pressure sensor switch, I will have to stick a multimetre across it tomorrow :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If you let it idle Finn, can you notice a brief drop in engine revs when the compressor cuts in before the electronics lift the idle speed again? :roll:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Similar happened to mine Finn. The fault was the aluminium pipe which runs front to back, drivers side, then accross the front bumper. The mechanic said they are prone to failure because of salt corrosion. Had you had it tested with flourescent/UV addative to the regas which will show any leaks when a UV light is wafted around?Phil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts