SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to refill my a/c for the summer on my 95 900 v6. I just fixed the leaking line but i wanted to know how much oil i should put in.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I am looking to refill my a/c for the summer on my 95 900 v6. I just fixed the leaking line but i wanted to know how much oil i should put in.
All depends on how much leaked out. A slow refrigerant leak will only pull out a small amount of oil, a very fast, large leak will pull out much more.

If your system simply seeped itself out, you probably would not need to add any oil at all. Unless the system blew out nearly all at once, I'd not add more than a single 1 to 2 oz oil charge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All depends on how much leaked out. A slow refrigerant leak will only pull out a small amount of oil, a very fast, large leak will pull out much more.

If your system simply seeped itself out, you probably would not need to add any oil at all. Unless the system blew out nearly all at once, I'd not add more than a single 1 to 2 oz oil charge.
one of the fittings where the rubber hose meets the metal lines had burst down below the radiator.

·
Registered
18,908 Posts
I'd think the other way... vacuum it dry, then add back the correct amount of 134 & oil. I think if you google here a little you will find that someone mentioned the proper amount recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts