SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2000 9-3 Viggen. When I turned the AC on for the first time, it blew warm air

I went to autozone, bought the AC recharge bottle, refilled to the green area on the gauge. Went for a drive and it blew cold air like it was supposed to.

After two hours it gets weaker. At some point all three vents blow a quite cold-normal air while the passenger side vent blows hot air.

Where is the problem?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You need to get a manifold gauge and check both the high and low sides of the A/C system. If they both look good and you are still having issues with the air temperature then I would look at the blend door or the AAC controller itself. Verify the correct pressures first to make sure you don't have a leak/clog in the system.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
After two hours it gets weaker. At some point all three vents blow a quite cold-normal air while the passenger side vent blows hot air.
If the A/C system has any moisture (potentially because of the a leak), then the expansion valve can freeze up and cause the a/c to function intermittently.

The passenger side blowing hot air, while it's blowing cold air on the driver side is almost an impossibility, since I don't believe your car has separate drive/passenger temperature control.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: do not just go pumping more refrigerant into your system unless you know that the system is still under pressure. Trying to save few dollars means that you may have to spend big $$$ for replacing the compressor.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The passenger side blowing hot air, while it's blowing cold air on the driver side is almost an impossibility, since I don't believe your car has separate drive/passenger temperature control.
I was driving it today, and was blowing normally. Although two days ago on my way back to Boston from Michigan, it was blowing an engine-hot air from the passanger side vent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts