SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have read numerous topics related to my problem here, which is, the radiator fan does not kick in. Therefore, a/c cluctch doesn't engage. I have tested ac relay, a/c clutch, fuses, and wiring to the ECU. And there, maxi fuse 35 and 36 should be 30 and 20 amps. Instead, there is a maxi fuse in slot 35 with an amp rating of 40(!) and the slot 36 is empty. My guess is that a previous owner or a mechanic messed up something, badly. However, there are cases, when there is a fuse slot, and it contains no fuse, but everywhere I read, there should be 30 and 20 amp fuses in these two slots.

What do you think, should I put a 20amp fuse in slot 36 and change the other to a 30amp (40 seems to be a lot according to the WIS)?
I think that should be a good start...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I forgot to mention an important detail: there is a message "coolant level low.refill" at all times. No matter that I refilled and it is more than adequate, the message keeps coming, so I assume it's a faulty sensor. Could that be the cause?

·
Super Moderator
8,855 Posts
Mine has 35-30a 36-20a..re expansion tank yes faulty sensor,tank should only be half full when cold..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled out the fan control unit, and I think it shouldn't look like it does...
The ground is okay, I can't tell if the other connections are.

·
Super Moderator
19,937 Posts
Yeah, you need a new one.

Reactions: Ateeka
1 - 5 of 5 Posts