SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My A/C controller has burnt backlight bulbs. I got the grey box out of the car but I have no clue how to open the unit to reach the backlight bulbs. Anybody know?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi,

My A/C controller has burnt backlight bulbs. I got the grey box out of the car but I have no clue how to open the unit to reach the backlight bulbs. Anybody know?
there should be little plastic cover screws

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
There are small flat plastic things that look like washers on the back of the ACC. they have slots in them to allow you to turn them with a small screwdriver.

I replaced them with bulbs from Radio Shack and not the ones from Saab which are a hell of a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are small flat plastic things that look like washers on the back of the ACC. they have slots in them to allow you to turn them with a small screwdriver.

I replaced them with bulbs from Radio Shack and not the ones from Saab which are a hell of a lot more expensive.
Are these for the buttons backlight, lcd backlight or both?

·
Registered
94 Posts
No Backlights for my SAAB 9-5 a/c panel. Not able to zero on the cause .

I wish it'd be as simple as 1 bulb out or dead pixels . Both these are well known issues , but, my SAAB 9-5 wagon's ( 2000 ) climate control display was on for just a brief period and on just 1 occasion, thereafter, it has never really shone the way a display should .
I am not able to discern between dead pixels or loose connection or backlights out.
Dead Pixels : I can see shadows of display characters in full but faded . If it were dead pixels I would see incomplete characters. So not likely
Bulbs out : It has 4 bulbs . All 4 cant go out at the same time esp if it worked momentarily in the past- again that makes me keep this aside.

So what else could it be. Anyone experienced a similar problem and what was the cause & solution.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I wish it'd be as simple as 1 bulb out or dead pixels . Both these are well known issues , but, my SAAB 9-5 wagon's ( 2000 ) climate control display was on for just a brief period and on just 1 occasion, thereafter, it has never really shone the way a display should .
I am not able to discern between dead pixels or loose connection or backlights out.
Dead Pixels : I can see shadows of display characters in full but faded . If it were dead pixels I would see incomplete characters. So not likely
Bulbs out : It has 4 bulbs . All 4 cant go out at the same time esp if it worked momentarily in the past- again that makes me keep this aside.

So what else could it be. Anyone experienced a similar problem and what was the cause & solution.
have you changed the bulbs?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not as yet no. I wanted to 1st see here if someone had the same prob and if the bulbs are in fact the culprit or its a connection issue. Find it hard to imagine how all 4 could die at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts