SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my a/c compressor fell out and now my belt that powers that and other stuff blew, And i have 2 options:

1.) Get a shorter belt to bypass the a/c
2.) Get a new compressor (~$400)

sooo when i was told those i was like wtf, Cant i just get a new clutch? They said they dont know if they can do that. The A/C was blowing cold and just needs a new clutch. Is it possible just to get a new clutch?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thesaabsite said:
AC Compressor Clutch Replacement

AC Compressor clutch replacements usually cost more than compressor replacements because of the cost of the clutches and the cost of the labor added together. In most cases you end up getting a compressor that is about the same cost and may not last as long as a new one. This is why we do not sell compressor clutches.
hmm i guess that answers my question

·
Registered
987 Posts
'94 was a mid-year switchover for the A/C compressor, make sure you get the right type as they are not interchangeable. One is a Seiko Seiki (marked with "SS-121" or something of the sort) the other is Sanden. The pulley offset and refrigerant line connections are different between the two.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I just put a shorter belt in my previous 9000, when the AC compressor seized Not urgent need for AC in Bristol, England, at the time, and they are mighty expensive!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Stefano said:
Are you sure the clutch doesn't only need adjusting? Just asking.
good point.. Make sure your mechanic checked the airgap with a feeler gauge. it's an adjustable clutch.. Also, make sure the power lead for the A/C clutch is intact.. When i first got my car my A/C didnt' work and i was wondering why...... that was why, the line was disconnected..

-=tristan=-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts