SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to clear this up in my mind before I tackle my a/c compressor this weekend. I'm also doing the dryer and expansion valve.

So...If I put the correct amount of liquid oil that comes with the new compressor in at time of install, I do not have to put a further charge of PAG oil in when charging...right?

I've got a good vac pump and manifold kit to do my own charging and know the proper weights and the correct low and high side pressures....but I can't find the right answer on the oil...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just wanted to clear this up in my mind before I tackle my a/c compressor this weekend. I'm also doing the dryer and expansion valve.

So...If I put the correct amount of liquid oil that comes with the new compressor in at time of install, I do not have to put a further charge of PAG oil in when charging...right?

I've got a good vac pump and manifold kit to do my own charging and know the proper weights and the correct low and high side pressures....but I can't find the right answer on the oil...
There's usually a table of oil loss for each component. You should add enough oil to compensate for the oil trapped in the receiver that will be lost when you change that out.

As a guess, 1.5 to 2 oz of additional oil for the receiver/drier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts