SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all the helpful information this forum provides. I had my battery die yesterday which set off my anti-pinch function in my passenger rear window and my auto up. Thanks to the helpful information on the forum, I was able to fix the problem without having to take it back to my Saab dealer, all on a public holiday and all within about 15 seconds :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:.
A real big thank you for All the great information provided by it users, great work guys!
John

·
Registered
980 Posts
Let me be the first to say: Welcome aboard SC and congratulations on using the "search" button on your own. You might be the first.;)

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Is there an award for a new guy that actually did something like read the T&C, FAQ and Stickies? I nominate this guy. I'll bet he even knows what Oil to use.

Welcome to SC. :)

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Welcome and congratulations .. twofold congrats .. he was able to fix it standing on his head :confused: .. :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Let me be the first to say: Welcome aboard SC and congratulations on using the "search" button on your own. You might be the first.;)
When I first got here I used the search. But I used "site search" which os fairly useless) and not the forum search. Once I found the forum search the "dumb questions" got lot less frequent :)

What's really sad is I'm a professional nerd and still screwed this up :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Is there an award for a new guy that actually did something like read the T&C, FAQ and Stickies? I nominate this guy. I'll bet he even knows what Oil to use.

this is one reason why i've only got 1090 posts in 5 years..:cheesy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for your kind words, looking forward to chatting with you in future about the good and the bad. Oh, as for the oil I would recommend SYN Power full synthetic made by valvoline, would I be right?? :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it meets GM-LL-A-25 spec sure, here in the states we basically only have Mobil 1 0W-40 European Formula.
Yeah, we have that here in Oz too and I think a few others. We have a variety of European, Japanese and of course Korean cars here so they cater for every market.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd like to also add my thanks to this thread and its contributors.

I've decided I'd much prefer to drive a 7 year old Saab than a new Holden or Toyota for the same money. They're a beautiful car and I love mine.

I have had issues like the central locking malfunctioning, and found the answer on the forums. I opened the hood for the first time ever and disconnected my first battery.

This forum is such a god-send for people like me who live in cities where Saabs are few and far between and even the Saab dealers don't know what they are talking about.

Thanks smart people!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd like to also add my thanks to this thread and its contributors.

I've decided I'd much prefer to drive a 7 year old Saab than a new Holden or Toyota for the same money. They're a beautiful car and I love mine.

I have had issues like the central locking malfunctioning, and found the answer on the forums. I opened the hood for the first time ever and disconnected my first battery.

This forum is such a god-send for people like me who live in cities where Saabs are few and far between and even the Saab dealers don't know what they are talking about.

Thanks smart people!
Can't agree more than Matt!! Living here in Australia, not many dealers are willing to help, or just answer "It can't be done - or fixed" then charge you a mint.

I think Saabs are a great car to drive and agree with Matt that would rather drive my 7 year old Saab. Though frustrating when things breakdown, or the quirkyness of things that go bump in the night, my Saab is the nicest car I've ever owned in all my years of driving, and thanks to you guys overseas, you guys are unreal!!!!

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts