SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if its been listed hear on the forum but theres a 99 viggen for sale in ottawa on. canada on what is called Kijjijjii Im no good with computers so I cant give you a link but its easy to find with google. I saw the car a few years ago and its not mint thats for sure but the price is right.It is on the forum in the class. section and its a 2000 ,sorry . DAVE S<

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont know if its been listed hear on the forum but theres a 99 viggen for sale in ottawa on. canada on what is called Kijjijjii Im no good with computers so I cant give you a link but its easy to find with google. I saw the car a few years ago and its not mint thats for sure but the price is right.It is on the forum in the class. section and its a 2000 ,sorry . DAVE S<
There is also one for sale in Toronto now on kijiji for just under 4K, two sets of tires and without the front frame damage of the one in Ottawa! There was also a couple here at the beginning of the year in the sub 5K/low 4K range that did not sell for months, not sure if they ever did.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's the one. No idea how good it is (have not looked at it and have no connection to it) but it seems these days the going rate is sub 4K, 4K to 5K at best for cert and e-tested in great shape (verts go for more). 3500 for one that is as.is that was previously listed as having a bent frame is not much of a deal IMO, no offense intended to the OP for highlighting it.

I pretty much search the word Viggen every week and I see the same cars over and over again, they go away for a while then come back... Some things change in the ad but you can tell...

Just bought a base model 9-3 for $2400 cert and etested with lots of extras, in pretty good shape for 12 years old, resale is way down these days! I really want a Viggen but at the same time I put a tonne of k's on commuting in a year and it would be a shame to klick one out to the wrecker in two years, just not right, I will let someone else preserve one.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I really want a Viggen but at the same time I put a tonne of k's on commuting in a year and it would be a shame to klick one out to the wrecker in two years, just not right, I will let someone else preserve one.
For what it's worth, it's not that hard to clone one. And since you already have a 9-3, it could be done for little $$. Then just get a stage with comparable or preferably better performance and your set. It's not like Viggens had a special engine, or better turbo or anything really different than an SE.

·
Registered
511 Posts
For what it's worth, it's not that hard to clone one. And since you already have a 9-3, it could be done for little $$. Then just get a stage with comparable or preferably better performance and your set. It's not like Viggens had a special engine, or better turbo or anything really different than an SE.
While I agree with most of you said, they did have the 2.3 vs the 9-3's 2.0

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It's not like Viggens had a special engine, or better turbo or anything really different than an SE.
Well - except for the upgraded clutch, shocks, springs, driveshafts, CV joints, brakes, seats, body mouldings, and the sexy little roof mounted antenna in place of the your-dad's-old-caddy-rear-wing-mounted antenna. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts