SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking a putting an exhaust on my car and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for where to look. I might just do a cat back but if that wont get me the sound im looking for, then maybe ill do turbo back. I just don't know where to look. Any suggestions or recommendations for exhausts you've done?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I'd like to get in on this. I have the V6 too, I'd like to see what can be done.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just purchased a remus saabsport 2.5" cat back last week from another member on these forums, and should be receiving it tomorrow or Thursday, and have it installed by the end of the weekend hopefully. I'll do a before and after video to show you guys the sound difference, because I too was curious what a v6 9-5 with a non-stock exhaust would sound like, and extensive searching turned up nothing. Seeing that there was a remus cat back for sale on these forums, I ended up taking the dive and will just have to see for myself how it sounds. Oh and also, it is a prelude to eventually upgrading the ecu to stage 2 after the suspension get lowered and stiffened.

As far as a turbo-back exhaust goes, hours of searching have turned up nothing for me. The exhausts of 4-cyl and V6 models of the 9-5 are the same from the cat back, but their downpipes are different. There are a good number of after market 4cyl downpipe options, but it seems like we're going to have to get something custom made from a shop to get an upgraded downpipe for the v6.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've had a Simmons/BSR from GS for a year and so far I'm pretty happy with it. It's not loud, only slightly louder than stock inside the cabin, although I was told that it makes it's presence noticeable in the car following. It definitely lowered the exhaust note to a very respectable rumble. It's a cat-back system with 2 mufflers (center, rear, and a connecting pipe). Picture below, sorry no videos.

I have never heard of any other systems besides cat-back for V6. They would require a complex bending job to have 2 downpipes connecting to a new cat, one from the turbo and the other from the rear exhaust manifold. So far I have not seen anyone offering it in any specification above stock. V6 is not very "tunable" engine. You can improve intake and exhaust, and have your ECU upped to stage 2 (I believe 240hp and 288ft-lb), but that would be it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, cat back for the V6 is all I found too. I guess Im going to have to splice in a generic flex pipe because mine is leaking bad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've got the BSR/Simons kit too. It's decent in terms of quality, doesn't change the sound too much though. I grabbed an ECU too with plans to flash to stg2, but budget restraints have kept me from doing so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts