SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
you know what i've used is if you've got a wheel center cap... take the emblem off that and throw it on the back decor panel... you will never ever have an issue with the logo flaking off... ;ol;

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to keep that in mind! I've got the 1st-rev NG900 viking wheels, and so they've got a plastic grey lug cover / hub cap, no proper emblem, just 'SAAB' embossed in the plastic. For my car, I'm honestly considering just breaking down and buying some red/blue/gold modelling paint and re-painting the hood and rear emblems (and clearcoating/sealing that paint!). They're both down to bare metal from age and exposure.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rear emblem

If it has the slight curve (or bend) to it, I'll take it. Mine Jewel top has popped off and need a replacement. I have a '99 saab 9-3 vert. I believe the part number is 4910915. Can you confirm that this will fit? I need it shipped to 76210 ;-)

Paul

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul, the part number on the back is:
20 0000 2038
FL 18982
The surface of the logo has a slight convex shape, perhaps 1/4" further 'out' at the center than at the edges. Unfortunately, I have no idea if it will fit, and after buying it and discovering it doesn't fit my 1996 900, I'm not sure I'm the best judge of fitment. :)

Take a look at the two additional photos, and if it looks good to you, PM me your address. I accept paypal.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't think it is going to work

I took my emblem off to get to the back side to confirm the placement of the posts on the emblem. And, I don't think your emblem is going to fit. My emblem is part number 4910915. It has the slight curve that your emblem does, but the posts are not in the correct position. Thanks!! I really wish it would have fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't imagine why they would feel a need to change something like that. Ah well. Emblem remains available, if it fits anyone's car!

·
Registered
2001 9-3 SE vert, 1998 900 SE Turbo 5 door, 1992 900 S.
37 Posts
Mistakenly picked this up thinking it would fit my '96 900SE (it's too large). Both pins on its backside are intact.

$15, including shipment to US address.
I can't imagine that you still have this all this time later. But I'm desperately looking for one of those badges. Do you still have it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts