SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'99 9-3 frustrating check engine light problems
im new to the saab expierence. Been absolutly impressed with performance and agility of this vehicle. Having trouble with getting rid of a check enginr light. throwing po135 and po141 codes. and had po125 also. replaced both o2 sensors, thermostat, and the coolant temp sensor. now im lost cause its still throwing the codes for the o2 sensors. was told to clean the maf sensor, only i cant find the thing anywhere. anybody know what im doing wrong to try to fix my car?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
As someone who is also experiencing the same problem I can advise you on several points.
1) There is no MAF, whoever told you this has already placed themselves in the dubious advice zone.
2)Check the connection where the o2 wire meets the main harness, right side of the engine behind the valve cover...
3) Make sure you have no leaks at the turbo flange, this means tightening your bolts.
4) Make sure that the spot near the second O2 sensor is secure and there are no holes or cracks or gaps-this could throw off the system
5) if you have an after market exhaust this could also be the culrpit
6) make the O2 sensors are snug in their bungs-mine were not and that solved one o2 sensor failure.
Hope this helps,
Cm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts