SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the saab expierence. Been absolutly impressed with performance and agility of this vehicle. Having trouble with getting rid of a check enginr light. throwing po135 and po141 codes. and had po125 also. replaced both o2 sensors, thermostat, and the coolant temp sensor. now im lost cause its still throwing the codes for the o2 sensors. was told to clean the maf sensor, only i cant find the thing anywhere. anybody know what im doing wrong to try to fix my car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clean it? ha! i cant even find the damned thing!! haha ive been up and down and all through that motor trying to find the maf. even looked up replacement parts online just to see what it looks like...and still nothing...i know where it should be but i swear its just not there at all

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
clean it? ha! i cant even find the damned thing!! haha ive been up and down and all through that motor trying to find the maf. even looked up replacement parts online just to see what it looks like...and still nothing...i know where it should be but i swear its just not there at all
well dont clean it because it seems like you wouldent know how it is a VERY fragile sensor it right after your intake box. get a haynes manual read it over a couple of times get a better understanding of where your parts are and what they do. it helps alot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do understand the make up vehices and i know to clean the maf with isopropyl alcohol spray and let it dry ive done it several times. and i cant find a haynes book anywhere for this car. and unless the sensor is hidden inside the intake hose itself there is absolutly nothing after the intake box. i have removed the intake box and hooked up an open filter system for my car. i am familiar with the intake system. if im missing ne thing please let me know id be happy to listen to your knowledge.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
i do understand the make up vehices and i know to clean the maf with isopropyl alcohol spray and let it dry ive done it several times. and i cant find a haynes book anywhere for this car. and unless the sensor is hidden inside the intake hose itself there is absolutly nothing after the intake box. i have removed the intake box and hooked up an open filter system for my car. i am familiar with the intake system. if im missing ne thing please let me know id be happy to listen to your knowledge.
go on ebay there are tons it should be up there. i have never disected a 99 9-3 but i belive the maf is a sandwich plate one http://users.tpg.com.au/dmanch//intake.jpg the filter is right on the maf... i guess it inside the box?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it realy wasnt that bad. ill take em back out and clen them up. thank you. im about ready to take everything out and start over again. ive done just about everything, and rechecked everything to this car. either that, send it to a garage to get the voltages checked and run a full diagnostics.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Which type of O2 sensors did you use, the OEM sensors or cheaper aftermarket sensors? I ask because Swedecar (Anders), an Indy on the other Saab site, says that the aftermarket sensors do not have tight
tolerances that our ECUs need... Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they were the after market sensors. but i really don't think that the parts are the problem now. the car runs great getting good performance and great gas mileage. i mean if the ecu was having trouble with the after market sensors, the car woudn't b running right would it?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I'm just stating what Anders has said in the past about aftermarket O2 sensors. Do a seach over on saabnet.com. With him being an independant Saab mechanic in California, I'm sure that he has seen and fixed many more problems than most of us... Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.