SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here the deal i recencenty bought a 99 9-3 convertible from the auction, the top is not working from the switch. i removed the motor to see if that was the problem. i took the little circuit board ring off the motor and tried to apply power directly to the motor and it worked top still did not move. there is know power in the switch i am a mechanic so i checked the regular fuses ect and they were all fine. i tried to manully retract the roof like the owners manual says but it seem like the locks on the fifth bow are not releasing to lift the tanauuo cover. i did notice that the pin in the u-joint had sheared into 3 peices so i replaced it. the pixels in the display center are not working properlly so i am not really sure what it is sayin but i do know that when i hit the roof switch it chimes. at this point i do not really know where to go from here. if possible can some on e tell me in detail how the system works or have any suggestion on what the problem migt be

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I am familiar wth system of the ng900 but not the 9-3. So my advice is based on the ng900 and may or may not be useful.
You should remove the covering over the mechanism in the trunk (right side, infront of the tail lite) and figure out how it works. Make sure that when the tonneau is down, the shaft that goes to the u-joint is fully rotated counter clockwise. Also, the arm that pulls down the two cables that latch the tonneau should be down and the cables should be taut.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Regarding the fifth bow being down and locked , to unlock this you need to access thru the rear (trunk). Remove the trim at the left front. Near the left side of that square bar that runs from side to side you should see an electrical connector. It is numbered, and you should look for connections 8 and 9. The wires to the latches run toward the front.applying 12v dc to one terminal and ground to the other terminal activates the latches. reversing polarity reverses the action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts