SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My airflow direction is stuck at going to the windscreen, when turning the direction knob is it clearly not changing anything as there is no friction there at all.

I am told by a garage, that a, it was electronic ? what to turn a flap ? and then they would have to rip the entire dash apart to fix it and hundreds of pounds.

Anyone have any advice of how i could fix this.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hi,

My airflow direction is stuck at going to the windscreen, when turning the direction knob is it clearly not changing anything as there is no friction there at all.

I am told by a garage, that a, it was electronic ? what to turn a flap ? and then they would have to rip the entire dash apart to fix it and hundreds of pounds.

Anyone have any advice of how i could fix this.

Very common problem.

Most commonly, the white tubular link between the knob on the dash and the air box breaks.

Root cause of the problem is a bit deeper, the air diverter drum in the air box starts dragging and takes excessive force to turn it.

There's a trick with a screw in the bottom front corner of the right hand air vent from the box to ease the binding.

To replace the white link, you'll need to drop the panel under the steering wheel and then the kick panel to the left of the steering wheel.

From behind, pop the a/c control panel out of the dash and you'll be ready to replace the link and reassemble.

Perhaps 30 minutes total.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am totally clueless with cars.

1. is the screw in the air vent to loosen or under it ?

2. I have taken off the knob on the front and turned this and this makes no difference or do you mean a cable behind the unit to replace - if so what exactly would I need to search for on e-bay ?

Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts