SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guise. ill start with the rpm issue. when ive been driving for a bit when i come to stop at a light or something, my car will go down rpms to about 400, then jump up to 1200 to finally level back out at the usual 800-900 rpm. now i have no idea what this could be. a friend said an airflow sensor or something. it doesnt stall and runs just fine either way. ive recently been putting high grade fuel in if that could make a difference.

ill take a pic of the engine bay so i can circle the hoses i need to replace, theyre pre bent so i think i need to order them. i dont know the names though.

edit: one other issue, when i start my car the ACC blows hard then soft repeatedly for about 5 minutes til it calms down. this isnt necessarily something i need to fix since it doesnt bother me but i dont know if its important or not.

·
Registered
19,053 Posts
Start with a tune-up: replace the spark plugs with the proper NGK plugs. Replace the air filter. Replace the fuel filter.

Clean the IAC valve using the instructions here: http://pages.infinit.net/mlbriand/saab/iac/page1.html

Replace all the small vacuum hoses with fresh hose. You can buy some silicone hose in 4mm size or 5/32 hose at the local AP store. get about 10 feet of hose. Do them one at a time, one end at a time.

See where that gets you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts