SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'98 900 S Q's (Stereo + Batter)

The stereo in my '98 900 S has never been great (had it for about two years) and I started thinking about trying to replace either the deck and/or speakers. In the process I realized the speakers in the front doors aren't working so I'm just hearing the back two and the two on the dash (which have no low end). Does anyone know why this could be? Are there even speakers behind the screens in this car? Is it easy to remove them to check?

any insite on how to replace the stereo would be great also. I talked to one guy at Best Buy and he said its difficult because of the amps or something....

My last question is about the battery...If I sit in my car for even a few minutes with the key turned slightly the battery will die (with or without the lights on...but quicker with them on...and the battery was new about a year ago). I used to do this regularly before I figured out you don't need to have the key in the ignition to listen to music. What is draining the battery so rapidly? Is this standard or is something shorted out on my car only?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Yea but some of the links there are not working and for some reason I can't edit that thread or any of my postings on it :confused: :roll:

This one is more upto date
http://www.93forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=187#187

Can one of the moderators please check why I can't edit the posts on that thread? :cheesy: I'd rather link to my thread on this forum ;)

I'd start with the speakers, you need to upgrade those for the new system anyway. If you're still not happy with the quality of the sound, you can complete the upgrade to include the deck. By the way the NG900 S has no front speaker, no wires and no AMP :(. You need an Amp for the stock radio and wires to get sound on the door speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts