SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 cse that is my daily driver. Just recently my windows, sunroof, turn signals and wipers all stopped working, the rest of the car seems normal. When i first tried to use the windows there was a moaning noise coming from the dash and the windows slowly creeped up but could not close. Since then nothing has worked and the windows only make a clicking noise from where the fuse box is. does anyone know the cause of this issue and how i could fix it? ive checked all my fuses, could it possibly be a relay or some greater issue?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Fuses 8,9 and 11 control these components. The reversing lamps and the " reduced low beam (driving lights)" will also fail if fuses 9 and 11 blow. I think that means the odd single bulb in the one headlight but I am unsure about that.

The Owner's Handbook does not list any specific relays involved in these components except for that low beam (relay K).

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Don't know if it is related. I know for a fact a broken reverse light switch causes the fuse to pop at one time on my 94cs. It got so bad I kept a bag of 30 amp fuses in the car to replace it, until I found the culprit and replaced the switch behind the gear box.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Don't know if it is related. I know for a fact a broken reverse light switch causes the fuse to pop at one time on my 94cs. It got so bad I kept a bag of 30 amp fuses in the car to replace it, until I found the culprit and replaced the switch behind the gear box.
I keep this in my trunk ..... hey you just never know:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive noticed that the car makes a clicking noise coming from under the passenger seat when i try to use the windows, blinkers, ect. Under the seat there appears to be something that resembles some sort of amp and two relays zip tied to the the metal framework of the seat. Could these relays or some other electrical components under the seat be the problem?

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Ive noticed that the car makes a clicking noise coming from under the passenger seat when i try to use the windows, blinkers, ect. Under the seat there appears to be something that resembles some sort of amp and two relays zip tied to the the metal framework of the seat. Could these relays or some other electrical components under the seat be the problem?
That's the stereo power amp. Don't see how it could affect window operation or cause the other symptoms you are experiencing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts