SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not for the life of me fine a complete strut for the front of my car all i keep finding it the inserts witch is the shock. I need the full strut

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
There are no complete struts. You can buy a replacement strut, but you will need to add a cartridge (shock), a spring, and other components.

What problem are you trying to solve by buying a complete strut?

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
You need new strut cartridges then. One or both is probably discharged. Look over your springs to make sure they are not broken, but otherwise it's the struts - they are the only thing that stops vertical movement when you hit a bump.

You need a few other parts to do the job. If you're thinking of lowering the car, now would be the time to make that decision since you have to pull the springs to do the struts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its already been lowered an has new lowering springs on it the dumb *** just left the bad strut on it

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
If you know that for sure... or he might have used "regular" struts. They'd die sooner or later from the higher stiffness springs.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
I don't think anyone ever made struts for the NG900 that were designed for shorter springs. You just have to use regular ones and live with the shortened lifespan. That's one reason I went with Abbott springs, which lower the car less than any other lowering springs. I have Bilstein B4 struts on the front, and I've been very happy with them.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
I don't think anyone ever made struts for the NG900 that were designed for shorter springs. You just have to use regular ones and live with the shortened lifespan. That's one reason I went with Abbott springs, which lower the car less than any other lowering springs. I have Bilstein B4 struts on the front, and I've been very happy with them.
Didn't know that... but in checking, Bilstein clearly doesn't now if they ever did. Koni never had a split for height - one size works for all.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I could be wrong - but was a Koni 'red' version used for lowered 'sports handling packs'.
What strut was used in say the SPG? - as that might be a good solution in this case for the OP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts