SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and am not really sure what I'm doing! I looked around for previous postings about my question but didn't see anything (i'm not really sure what my part is called)

Here's the skinny....I have a 96 saab SE turbo, that seems to have a little fan next to the heated seats buttons. Does anyone have the slightest idea what this fan is for??? It is making a heck of a racket while it's spinning like a computer fan that is about to fail! Today I took the side of the center console off and disconnected the fan, but I'm really not sure if that is the proper thing to do. I'm guessing it has something to do with the air for inside, but the fan just seems to be open to the inside or the console. Could it be to exhaust the heat generated from all the electronics inside the console? Anyways...I would like to get this part replaced if possible, if someone could please tell me what the part name is (or anything useful would be greatly appreciated).

Thanks
-C

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Any suggestions on where to get this part at a decent price? Im seeing it googled at around 90 bucks!! pretty steep.....

·
Registered
10,603 Posts
You just need to clean then lube it!
Yep. I've never heard of anyone needing to replace it. If you really want to go all out, take the fan out and clean all of the dust off of it, then lube it up. Some of us have all had to turn the fan upside down to get it to run silently again.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
pull it out of the car, remove the plastic front cover (you have to remove it to get it out anyway)

spray using CRC electric parts cleaner/maf cleaner

few drops of 3 in 1 oil

spray a few bursts of compressed air to get the oil in.

ive restored even the noisiest with that easy method.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts