SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started what looked like a straightforward job this afternoon... replace my ageing original gearbox mount with the nice hard yellow powerflex one i was supplied with recently..

all went well, until i realised the replacement bush wouldn't fit! and of course after i'd destroyed the original one ready for the replacement!!!

in desperation 'cos we needed to get home we managed to cut it down about 2mm in diameter to fit in a lathe... (thanks dad!)

seemed to fit OK then but just got home and checked elkparts and realised i;d been supplied with the upto '93 version that's split and bigger than the 94 - 98 one!!

http://www.elkparts.co.uk/index.php/cPath/23_699_708

i guess some of the blame lives with me for not checking fully enough but after a while i've started trusting the reliability of saab mechs / suppliers..

what i need to know now though is should i really use the version designed for the model rather than the older one cut down?

thanks, tired and frustrated!

adrian

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem with the correct part.

Given that you have managed to install it, why not drive it a while and keep an eye on it, if it stays in place for say the first 500 miles you are likely ok, just a real hard install.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts