SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 aero that seems a little doggy (my auto cse has more umph) never really seems to be getting good boost (barely in the yellow on hard accell..never sees the orange) chaged all vacuum lines..always run 92-93 octane..and changed the blow off valve...thanks guys for any help

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how can you tell? one of the mounting bolts is missing so previous owner may have messed with it..thanks for the help

·
Registered
987 Posts
If I remember correctly unplug the hose that goes from the APC to the wastegate and it should overboost to fuel cut-off. They are known to stick open or closed, or anywhere between. WD-40 and an air compressor can sometimes bring it back to life.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what the hell ..free/fast worth a shot..i'll be on it tomarrow i'll let you know if any change..thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys put the car up today and found the "R" key (or retainer clip) for the rod on the wastegate had fallen off (rusted?)..anyway secured rod and replaced clip all is happy in saab world again...just wanted to share in case anyone else has the same problem...thanks for the help everyone (thirsty)..

·
Registered
81 Posts
R-Clip of wastegate rusted and broken off both sides!!!

I have a problem that I've mentioned in another longer post that I'll try to keep short here and would like to know if anyone out there has any ideas how to approach temporarily fixing.

The R-Clip that was supposed to attach the Wastgate Actuator Rod was actually a cotter pin that was rusted inside the hole it went through and held a washer between the pin and the rod itself. Well the guy in the muffler shop working on my muffler while I was in while trying take off the wastegate rod took a screwdriver and pryed off the washer which basically stripped both sides of the cotter pin clean off!!! So in his infinite wisdom he took blow torch to it and it appears that the pin is now, more or less, permanently cemented inside the hole such that I cannot place a replacement pin to secure the wastegate actuator rod. Much to my dismay yet as expected, when I was driving last night, I lost all turbo boost. All other systems are normal and the syptom is exactly as mentioned above in this post, so I'm pretty sure the rod is not attached.

Any ideas on what I can use to secure the Wastegate actuator rod if the hole for the r-clip is frozen shut with the remenants of the rust and now torched cotter pin keeping the hole "permanently" closed?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts